Phase 3 of the hCG diet is where you will start to increase your calorie intake. If you can recall, phase 2 of the diet only limits you to 500 calories per day which is not much.
During the start of phase 3 (the first three weeks after phase 2), you will slowly increase your calorie intake to 1200 calories per day. After another three weeks, you can then increase your calorie intake to either 1500-1800 calories.
The gradual increase of calories is to make sure that your body does not get acclimated to a lot of calories immediately. If you increase your calorie intake immediately to 1800, there is a high probability that you will be eating a lot more than you should.
Now, just about any diet in the world, you need to have a complete meal. That meal must contain protein, a serving or two of fruits and vegetables, some healthy carbs, and a little bit of fat.
That is also applicable in the hCG diet, especially when you’re already on phase 3 of the said diet plan.
Today, I am going to share with you an amazing hCG Diet Grilled Chicken and Corn recipe that is quick and easy to do.
I love to do recipes that are easy since the vast majority of people really do not have a lot of time to prepare and cook meals.
Chicken is the preferred protein for most hCG dieters because you get a lot of protein as well as it contains only a few calories (provided that you remove the skin).
The hCG Diet Grilled Chicken and Corn is a full meal in that contains grilled chicken, corn, and some salad on the side to supplement your daily nutritional needs.
If you want to get started, here are all the ingredients that you will need in order to cook the hCG Diet Grilled Chicken and Corn:
- 1 Boneless Chicken Breast (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup Sweet Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Corn (sliced in half)
- 1 Tablespoon of Melted Butter
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- Your choice of Vegetable for the side salad
- Start preparing the chicken by getting a ziplock bag and putting in the vinaigrette, salt and pepper, and olive oil. The sweet vinaigrette can be purchased at the supermarket (opt to find the one with the fewest no. of calories and sweeteners).
- Place the ziplock bag inside the fridge and allow it to marinate for 2-3 hours (do not exceed more than three hours).
- Get a pot of water and allow it to boil and then put the corn in. Allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes or until get the desired cook on your corn.
- Ready your grill and then cook the chicken until it turns slightly burn. You will know if the chicken is cooked if it is a little bit firm when you press it.
- Take the chicken off the grill and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- While cooling the chicken, grill the cooked corn for about 2-3 minutes just to give it a little bit of charred appearance and flavor.
- For the salad, it is pretty much up to you. You can put in lettuce, cabbage, onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or any vegetable that you fancy. You can also add in the sweet vinaigrette you used earlier for a burst of flavor. Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Grilled Chicken and Corn is a complete meal and it will roughly take you 15-20 minutes to cook the entire dish.
If you want a solid phase 3 maintenance recipe, then the hCG Diet Grilled Chicken and Corn is a very good one.